[vc_row][vc_column][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”3/4″][mk_fancy_title margin_bottom=”0″ font_family=”none”]

East Point Lighthouse

[/mk_fancy_title][vc_column_text]The East Point Lighthouse, originally known as the Maurice River Lighthouse, was built in 1849 on an outcropping of land locally known as Haystack Island. It served a significant maritime commerce that included rapidly growing oyster and shipbuilding industries along the shores of the Maurice River and Delaware Bay. The lighthouse was designed by Alexander Parris (1780-1852) and construction supervised by the U.S. Army Corps of Topographical Engineers. The builders were Nathan and Samuel Middleton, Jr., two bricklayers from Philadelphia.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][mk_image src=”https://explorecumberlandnj.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/06EastPointArtistsDay.jpg” image_size=”full”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row]